Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Watcher Review [Tour] A YA Paranormal Romance






The Watcher
by: Lisa Voisin
Goodreads

Millennia ago, he fell from heaven for her.

Can he face her without falling again?

Fascinated with ancient civilizations, seventeen-year-old Mia Crawford dreams of becoming an archaeologist. She also dreams of wings—soft and silent like snow—and somebody trying to steal them.

When a horrible creature appears out of thin air and attacks her, she knows Michael Fontaine is involved, though he claims to know nothing about it. Secretive and aloof, Michael evokes feelings in Mia that she doesn’t understand. Images of another time and place haunt her. She recognizes them—but not from any textbook.

In search of the truth, Mia discovers a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore an angel from Heaven and sent her to an early grave. Now that her soul has returned, does she have a chance at loving that angel again? Or will an age-old nemesis destroy them both?

Ancient history is only the beginning.







I freaking loved this book. I am not that big of a fan of angel books, so I did not think I was going to like it that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. (:

The main character, Mia is so adorable and I just wanted to shield her from the bad things that happened in this book. I enjoyed reading from her perspective and slowly finding things out about her past as she discovered them. I also felt that those discoveries, and the story itself, were well paced. 
I love how her character has a fascination with archaeology and past civilizations. (: It makes her a more interesting character who was not completely in the dark about everything. Nicely done.

Michael. Damiel. Ah, teenage Angst. The popular love triange. I was not too bummed out by the prospect of the love triangle because it wasn't really a triangle, you know? (: So I didn't have to hate the main character for it. Which, sadly, happens. But not in this case! 

I loved the supporting characters, like her best friends and classmates. And no teenage love story is complete without a school bully making someone's life a living hell. It had all the dynamics of a good romance with fascinating paranormal elements. I do not want to give too much away, because I hate spoiling books, but this one character is a total bad-ass villain! And you know how I love my bad guys bad

I read it all in two sittings (I started in the middle of the night and passed out with my kindle snuggled in my arms. awkward) Sheer exhaustion was the only thing that was going to get me to stop reading it. And yes, before you ask, I did dream about Michael and Damiel. ;) haha. 

The Feelings! :|
The Romance! ;)
The Betrayal! D:
The Villain! muahaha. 

This book was engaging, well- written, and- being a book about angels& demons/ heaven&hell- did not totally suffocate me with too many religious aspects. I loved it! <3 Loved it, I tell you! And people, the cover did not hurt either. 
I mean, it was not all Sunshine and unicorns. I am just blocking the part out of my head so I am not traumatized  O.O It is not exactly a light- hearted read, but then it is not exactly a heart- breaking read... It's somewhere in the middle. I guess. I just got finished reading it, so my feelings about that aspect are still a little unclear. 
What is clear? Um. I loved it. :|
 And I want you to write more books [Lisa]. Now. :P


If you would like to know more about this author or her book, click on the "Check them out" tab and select Lisa Voisin. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....