Sunday, March 24, 2013

{Review} The Unicorn and the Serpent by Ellie Potts

REVIEW

I loved the world that was built in this novel. Morgan's kingdom is very well set up and described. 

Princess Morgan, herself, was extremely easy to like. She was no simpering female and could keep up with all her father's knights- having been raised with them. She is such a tom boy!

Agnus is one of my favorite characters! She is a crazy old bat, but she is loving and hilarious!!

*sigh* There is this one part of the story that I knew was coming. I liked a certain character and a twist totally threw me for a loop. But it created a conspiracy, which I will admit is necessary for a novel of this sort. 

I needed to know more about a certain character. He just seemed to come out of no where! But he grew on me. (: 

Another character (sorry. no names!!) He really grew on me and then completely changed into someone UN-likeable. I was all...Nooooooo!

I love love loved the camaraderie between all the knights and Morgan. They are all like bickering brothers with their younger sister. It was one of my favorite parts of the book!

All in all, this was a cute kingdom conspiracy with a sweet romance. It had some funny characters (Agnus. *ahem*), some obnoxious characters, a bad ass tomboy princess, brave knights, and some fantasy elements(<3). I liked it. (: 

      photo RyanFOXBIGGER_zpsebe33d61.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....