Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer



 From Goodreads:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, the ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


 
 My Thoughts:

This book is about a girl named Cinder who is a gifted mechanic oh, and she’s a cyborg. She has no memory of how she became this way. She struggles with living with her guardian who resents her, while she is making all the money for the family. Things take a turn for Cinder when Price Kai asks her to fix something of his. She wants him to like her and hides she is a cyborg. I probably would have done the same. Near the end she finally finds out what happened to her all those years ago. You do not want to miss it. The ending killed me man, I need the next one like…tomorrow.

Cinder is a girl I could see myself being friends with. I wouldn’t care if she was a cyborg or not. She is a hard worker and a survivor. I don’t know how she lived with her guardian who is a capitol B word. At least she had Peony and Ido, who loved her the way she is.

Prince Kai, I have mixed feelings for him. One minute I like him and the next it’s like shut up please and grow up. I really liked him at first but then something happens and changes my opinion of him. No I will not tell you what happened. I also understand he had to do what he did but it still gets up under my skin. This saying goes with it, Actions speak louder than words. I mean Ugh it made me sooo mad.

Ok so I absolutely loved this book. Yeah there were things I didn’t like but that’s a part of life, something bad has to happen. I know I left a whole bunch of stuff out. If this is not on your TBR pile, you need to go put it there now J

I give this book ♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....